Now that Sophia is older and is beginning to recognize animals and colors, we decided to redecorate her bathroom like a "kid's bathroom". Originally, it was decorated with red candles and had some fashion-style prints hanging in it. Now, we want it to have a fun, "under the sea" feel to it. I stripped it of all old decorations and was trying to decide how I wanted it to look: paint colors, towels, pictures, etc. So I went to a couple of stores and ended up finding some adorable children's bath decor at Target. I loved the bright colors and the octopus on the little trash can and soap dispenser had such a cute face. I thought Sophia would love looking at it while taking her baths. Now that I found the bath towels and decorations, Jeff is going to pick out a paint color and paint Sophia's new bathroom (we are thinking a light blue to make it feel like your under the sea). Last, I'm going to paint two paintings with sea creatures on them that match the soap dispenser (like starfish and crabs).I am so excited and can't wait to see how it all turns out! I hope Sophia likes her new bathroom!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Revamp...
Now that Sophia is older and is beginning to recognize animals and colors, we decided to redecorate her bathroom like a "kid's bathroom". Originally, it was decorated with red candles and had some fashion-style prints hanging in it. Now, we want it to have a fun, "under the sea" feel to it. I stripped it of all old decorations and was trying to decide how I wanted it to look: paint colors, towels, pictures, etc. So I went to a couple of stores and ended up finding some adorable children's bath decor at Target. I loved the bright colors and the octopus on the little trash can and soap dispenser had such a cute face. I thought Sophia would love looking at it while taking her baths. Now that I found the bath towels and decorations, Jeff is going to pick out a paint color and paint Sophia's new bathroom (we are thinking a light blue to make it feel like your under the sea). Last, I'm going to paint two paintings with sea creatures on them that match the soap dispenser (like starfish and crabs).I am so excited and can't wait to see how it all turns out! I hope Sophia likes her new bathroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How stink'n fun!! Re-decorating is a blast!
Ooh, my little punky monkey is going to LOVE her new bathroom. Can't wait to see it all done!
Post a Comment