Monday, April 13, 2009

Our little Easter Bunny...


This has probably been my favorite Easter to date! It started with the Saturday night Easter service at Abundant Life Church and then home to watch a movie (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas). Then, on Sunday morning we woke up, Sophia opened her Easter basket, and we enjoyed homemade waffles, Sophia especially liked them :).Then it was off to my parents house up in Sandy, where we met my four siblings, Jeff's parents and his sister, Katie. Their we had a nice lunch, visited with everyone, and relaxed. We also hid some eggs for Sophia filled with little snacks. She had a blast searching for the eggs and had even more fun opening them to see what was inside. At first she was a little confused at what to do, but once she got the hang of it, she was and old pro and found all the eggs we hid for her.




































Aside from all the yummy food and the Easter egg hunts, my favorite part was watching Sophia's eyes light up with all the excitement. I look at her and I am overwhelmed with my love for her. I can't hug her, kiss her, squeeze her enough. It made me stop and think that even as much as I love Sophia, the Lord's love for us is even greater. Understanding this makes me feel so incredibly grateful to know that my Heavenly Father loves me that much. Everything, as a mother, that I feel for Sophia, He feels for us times ten, and realizing this, really put into perspective my personal relationship with God.


I feel so very blessed and am so thankful for all the love we are surrounded with by our family, friends, and especially our Savior.

1 comment:

*FARMERS* said...

oh i LOVE your last picture...what a beautiful family! :) i am glad you had such a wonderful easter...it is such a blessing getting to spend the holidays with family! :)