Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Growing Family...

In the next five days our little family of 3 will grow to 4! Monday is the BIG day and we are getting more and more excited as it draws near. This little one is a tease just like it's big sister, Sophia, was when it came to the last two weeks of my pregnancy. Last night at 1:30 a.m. I had contractions for about a half an hour wondering if they were going to increase in intensity and we would have to go into the hospital. Just as in the case with my first, after about a half an hour the contractions stopped and back to sleep I went. I went through this three times with Sophia before we actually went in to the hospital. With Sophia I was wanting to go into labor early, one, because it was my first and I was so anxious and two, because honestly I was excited to experience the whole contraction/labor process. This time around however, I am hoping the baby holds off until Monday so that Jeff can be in the room with me and so that I can go into the surgery with a relaxed state of mind because I am already having a bit of anxiety over the idea of them cutting me open, and not being able to do anything for myself for a few weeks. I have wonderful friends and family that are taking time off of work to help us out for a few weeks after and have offered to bring us meals and cook dinner for us. We are surrounded with so many wonderful people and seriously could not do it without the love and support of each of them! We love you all and can't wait to introduce the newest little member of the Boss family to you all very soon! My sister in law, Katie, took these sweet maternity pictures of our family hanging out at home, just recently and I just loved them and had to share them with you!












3 comments:

COURTNEY said...

Aw, Lindsi, these are beautiful! Good job Katie! What precious memories :)

Lindsi said...

Thanks Court:) Though we had to bribe Sophia with marshmallows the whole time to get her to sit still long enough to have Katie snap a few, lol, it was soooo worth it!

*FARMERS* said...

i am so excited for you guys!! the time seems to have flown (at least to me, who is NOT the one carrying the baby! ;0) i totally understand your fear of the c-section, i have the same one. especially the recovery part after, you will be in my prayers!