Thursday, December 9, 2010

On the Hunt...


Sunday we set out to find that perfect "Boss" Christmas tree! The adventure kind of reminded me of "Christmas Vacation" and we were the Griswolds, lol. We go searching with specifics in mind, and when I say specifics I mean, size, shape, and branch strength. The end result usually being a full noble. This year, we dropped off Peyton at Grandma's and took Sophia along to help. She was beyond thrilled to be included in this adult adventure and kept up with us at every farm quite well! She pointed at many trees and gave her input. The third Christmas tree farm we went to, Sophia got to see Santa and chat with him for a bit. He even gave her a candy cane and told her to leave chocolate chip cookies out for him on Christmas eve. She was glowing with excitement, from getting to see Santa, especially when we were surprised ourselves that he was there, lol. And though it was freezing and windy, she rarely complained and was usually running around and jumping amongst the huge Christmas trees. I, however, was freezing my buns off! After five Christmas tree farms, and in the dark mind you, we finally found "the one", the Boss family Christmas tree (with the help of Katie and Kevin of course). At the farm, the tree always looks like such a great size for our living room, and yet when we got it home, it seems the tree magically grew, lol! Standing about 9 feet all, I think this is our biggest tree to date. After a bit of trimming, Jeff and I stood side by side looking at our tree, with our arms around each other and big grins on our faces, we were quite pleased with ourselves. We are so excited this year because Sophia is old enough to understand what having a Christmas tree is all about and can help decorate the tree! The neatest thing is pulling out all of the Christmas ornaments and reminiscing over special "first Christmas" baby ornaments or picture ornaments of Sophia. We usually don't have a theme to our tree, instead it seems to be a display of who our family is as a whole. On it, you will find wedding ornaments of me and Jeff's first Christmas together, moving ornaments that we inherited from Jeff's parents after we got married, and of course ornaments representing our girls. It's a bit of an eclectic assortment of colors, sizes and shapes, but I love every single one and some have wonderful memories and stories behind them. We recently just got a family ornament made with everyone's name on it, including Peyton. Now our Christmas tree is complete! I may be partial, but I think this is our most beautiful Christmas tree yet!

No comments: