When I was growing up I had always thought to myself, "now when I have a family of my own, we will all sit down to a nice meal, chat about our day and catch up. Well, after 8 1/2 years of marriage and two kiddos later, we are finally sitting down together as a family and enjoying dinner together and it's wonderful! Jeff and I eat and Sophia entertains us with her little stories and long jumbled sentences about her day and what Hurley or Peyton did. She usually fits something in along the way that has me and Jeff cracking up and asking each other where she got that from. Peyton also joins us at the table in her high chair and seems to be quite entertained by her big sis just as much as we are. I have a feeling Sophia will be the comic relief of our family. Our house feels full and our family complete, and I couldn't be happier!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Family Dinner and Talk Time...
When I was growing up I had always thought to myself, "now when I have a family of my own, we will all sit down to a nice meal, chat about our day and catch up. Well, after 8 1/2 years of marriage and two kiddos later, we are finally sitting down together as a family and enjoying dinner together and it's wonderful! Jeff and I eat and Sophia entertains us with her little stories and long jumbled sentences about her day and what Hurley or Peyton did. She usually fits something in along the way that has me and Jeff cracking up and asking each other where she got that from. Peyton also joins us at the table in her high chair and seems to be quite entertained by her big sis just as much as we are. I have a feeling Sophia will be the comic relief of our family. Our house feels full and our family complete, and I couldn't be happier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
thanks for the comment lindsi! it took a little bravery to just go for it because i was afraid it would make our kitchen look smaller, but it actually makes it look bigger! like the wall is further away...and we really love it. love this post too. i always think about our future family with kids and family dinners too...so fun.
P.S. the shower was lovely. i'm sure Courtney's really grateful to have a friend like you to celebrate her and ivy's life :)
complete? like in no more grandkids? complete? That sucks for us.......gramma barbara
Eating dinner at the table is important to Andrew and I too. It's so nice to sit down after a long day and enjoy eachother's company without the distraction of the t.v. and such!
I will have to show you an episode of The Middle one of these days you are over... we watched one the other day about family bonding and the mother made them all sit down at the table for dinner (which never happens in that household)... it was hilarious. It's such a funny show, you would love it!
P.S. Miriam is so right in that I AM extremely grateful to have a friend like you. The shower you threw for Ivy and I was so beautiful! You are such an amazing friend and I feel so blessed to have you in my life!
XOXO
Courtney
Linds! Piano for Dummies! hahaha. love it. I'll take a few more lessons and let you know how it goes. She teaches a lot of kids already and seems to really like teaching that age. She told me that Adults and little little kids are her favorite. And you can hardly beat 10 dollars! So we'll see. I'll keep you updated. As far as the sweater...you're going to want to hit me...but i found it at a thrift store years ago :( So i don't really have a place to reference...there's no tag in it. BUT! i will keep my eyes open! my sis in law was wearing a newish looking one kind of similar to mine around Christmas time, so i'll ask her for ya. Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Post a Comment